Farsi to English Translation Services
English to Persian Document Translation Services
There is a growing need for Persian to English certified document translation services, for in-person Farsi deposition interpreters, and for remote English to Farsi deposition interpreting services.
You may not think of Persian (or Farsi) as being one of the leading languages of the world, but more than 100 million people speak it. In fact, it’s the primary language of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. It’s also spoken by large minorities in Iraq, Pakistan, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, and Turkey.
Here are the basics of the Persian language:
– It uses the Persian alphabet, which is a variant of the Arabic script
– Although spoken Persian has a dozen different local dialects, its written form is standardized
– Technically, the Persian spoken today is considered to be “New Persian”, even though it’s been around for more than 1,000 years! New Persian is broken up into three varieties:
- Western Persian (also called “Farsi”), which is spoken in Iran, Iraq, and throughout the Persian Gulf
- Eastern Persian (also called “Dari”), which is spoken in Afghanistan
- Tajiki, or Tajik, which is spoken in Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
In most cases, you’ll be dealing with a Western Persian (“Farsi”) translation, since that’s what the bulk of the speakers use. And, since most of them call Iran home, we’ll focus on doing business there.
Here’s what you need to know:
– Make sure your initial English into Persian document translation clearly shows how the other side will benefit. Iranians like to know, up front, exactly what they’re going to get out of working with you. It doesn’t always have to be a monetary benefit, though. In fact, the Iranian business culture takes honor, respect, and power just as seriously as it takes profits!
– If you’re doing business with Iranians, expect it to take some time. They like to take some time to get to know people first. In fact, they’ll take even longer to get to know foreign business people, which means you will need additional Persian translation services to get yourself over this “hump”. Until your Iranian business contacts feel comfortable with you, you may get the sense that they’re being overly-formal. This will change, though, once you’re deemed trustworthy.
– There will be lots of negotiating. Before you can get those all-important Persian to English legal document translations signed, you’ll have to jump through a number of hoops. You should be prepared for your Iranian business contacts to throw everything but the kitchen sink at you! In fact, if you have a major deadline, don’t tell them about it, as they’ll try to use it against you at the negotiating table!
Because of all the intense negotiations, you’ll need English to Persian translations that are very direct and detailed so that you don’t inadvertently agree to something that you don’t feel comfortable with — or look weak in any other way.
Even after your negotiations end and you reach an agreement, getting everyone to actually sign on the dotted line will take a while. Part of it is simply Iranian business culture; the other part is all of the red tape and bureaucracy there.
– Your high-pressure marketing techniques will backfire, so make them more conservative before you put them through an English to Farsi translation. Iranians make decisions slowly, and all business decisions are made at the top of the company. There is nothing you can do to speed up the process. In fact, if you try, it will be a complete turn-off.
– Always be sure to use the appropriate titles in your English to Persian translations. In Iran, men need the word “agha” used before their surnames. For women, the word “khanoom” goes before the surname.
By showing this respect right off the bat, you’ll encourage your business counterparts to respect you in return!
Farsi Deposition Interpreters in Denver, Colorado, and elsewhere
Contact our legal translation service to hire a Farsi deposition interpreter for your deposition in Denver, Colorado, or elsewhere; to obtain professional English to Persian document translation, including certified translation of Muslim marriage contract from Farsi to English, certified translation of Persian birth certificate known as “shenasnameh”, to request a Farsi medical interpreter, an in-person Farsi deposition interpreter, or a Persian remote interpreter for a virtual video deposition via Zoom, or a telephone deposition.
#alllanguagealliance #westernpersiantranslator #easternpersiantranslator #persiantranslationservices #farsitranslator #farsiinerpreter #farsitranslationservices #farsidepositioninterpreter #farsidepositiontranslator #persiantranslator #persianinterpreter #persiandepositioninterpreter #persiandocumentreview #farsidocumentreview #farsiremoteinterpreter #farsiremotetranslator #persianremoteinterpreter #persianremotetranslator #shenasnameh #farsiZoomdepositioninterpreter #persianZoomdepositioninterpreter