What is a Certified Document Translation?
A certified translation means that a signed statement has been issued that declares that a translation is complete and accurate to the best of the translator’s abilities. Keep in mind a translator does not need to be necessarily “certified” to provide a “certified translation.” Furthermore, any qualified translator can “certify” a translation.
Common documents that require a certified translation:
• Birth Certificates
• Marriage Licenses
• Academic Transcripts and Academic Records
• Legal documents
• Powers of Attorney
• Commercial documents
• Government documents
• Apostille documents and certificates
• Employee Manuals and Employee Handbooks
• Equipment manuals
How to Find Certified Translation Services
There are a number of approaches you can take to finding a certified translation service:
• Search online for a freelancer – With the increased availability of freelance employment options online, many professional translators are providing their services online. Whether you are looking for official translation services, medical translation services, legal translation services, or academic translation services, you may be able to find a certified translation professional online.
• Word of mouth – It is highly likely that your colleagues have used a certified translation services provider at one time or another. If you are in the health industry for example, medical translation is a vital and commonly used resource. Reach out to colleagues in the sector for recommendations.
• Referral – you can visit your local attorney’s office to find out if they know of a certified translator they can refer to you.
• Translation agency – language translation agencies specializing in certified translation are one of the more straightforward approaches to finding a certified translation professional. Do your research before deciding to hire a translation agency for your certified translations.